Some of you will remember the old Art Linkletter show. His signature piece on the show was his interviews with children which he later compiled in a book called, Kids Say the Darndest Things. I thought of this when I recently picked up a book entitled, Children’s Letters to God. Here are a few excerpts:
- Thank you for the baby brother but what I prayed for was a puppy. Joyce
- Maybe Cain and Abel wouldn’t kill each other so much if they had their own rooms. It works with my brother. Larry
- Who draws the lines around countries? Nan
- Instead of letting people die and having to make new ones why don’t you just keep the ones you got now? Anita
- My brother told me about being born, but it doesn’t sound right. Marsha
- I didn’t think that purple went with orange until I saw the sunset you made on Tuesday. That was cool. Eugene
Be honest. How many of you would like to ask at least one of these questions?
Rabbi Schwarz was the founding rabbi of Adat Shalom and currently serves as the founder/president of PANIM: The Institute for Jewish Leadership and Values.
|Sid Schwarz sermon-YK 2007.pdf||132.84 KB|