Workbooks for past workshops are available to JRF-affiliated congregations and havurot. The price of $54 for each workbook includes a large three-ring binder. Shipping is additional. To order, email Rabbi Shawn Zevit: SZevit@jrf.org
Kehillah Builders seminar workbook (about 900 pages)
- Perspectives on community from classical and contemporary Jewish sources.
- Samples of mission statements, long-range plans and growth plans from member communities.
- Approaches to programming, outreach, creating welcoming communities, publicity, and more.
- Relevant excerpts from the "Challenge of Growth" and other workshops.
Torah of Money seminar workbook
- Perspectives on money and values from classical Jewish texts and Reconstructionist literature and articles.
- Samples of budgets and other planning materials from member communities.
- Approaches to fundraising, capital campaigns, staff expansion, dues structures, financial planning, and solicitations.
Sacred Trust seminar workbook (950 pages)
- Perspectives on congregational leadership and governance from classical Jewish texts and Reconstructionist literature and articles.
- Theoretical framework and practical resources for developing effective systems of congregational governance.
- Samples of by-laws, mission statements, strategic plans, Board and Committee structures, meeting agendas, Board manuals, and Board orientation materials.
Exploring Reconstructionism seminar workbook
Section 1 - Mordecai Kaplan, Reconstructionism, and the Reconstructionist Movement
- Introduction - the Reconstructionist Movement and JRF Programs and Services
- Reconstructionism, including articles on Mordecai Kaplan and Educator's FAQ's
- Spiritual Life
Section 2 - Reconstructionist Process, Communal Policies and Practices
- Reconstructionist Process and Values-Based Decision-Making
- Rabbinic and Lay Leadership in Reconstructionist Communities
- The Role of Non-Jews in Reconstructionist Communities, including sample policies from Reconstructionist congregations
- Shabbat in JRF Congregations, including sample Shabbat service outlines and sample Shabbat guidelines
- Kashrut, including sample JRF congregational policies
- Finances, including sample Tzedakah guidelines and policies for new buildings
- Inclusion, Bnai Mitzvah, and Tikkun Olam